Friday, May 05, 2006

Amputating a "no go"

I emailed someone on Oahu who had to amputate her cats tail because she was self-mutilating. She told me that the surgery cost approximately 800 dollars in all. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to amputate. 800 dollars could TNR, vet, rescue, and rehome SO many animals over a long period of time and I don't have that kind of money unless I use my credit card which is a no no. I am just going to hope and pray that he never gets it caught or stuck in something.


Here are some sweet pictures to enjoy.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisha: I couldn't amputate Tigra's tail either, despite how she would mutiliate it. She had total feeling but as I said after the Ice Storm....animals are so resilient, three legged, two legged, due to birth defects, accidents or amputations, they all manage to cope so well. Lucas's tail does nto appear to be hampering him or his spirit.

Shaggy and Scout said...

What lovely pictures! He looks so secure in his surroundings. Dreaming pleasant kitty dreams of fat birds and slow mice no doubt.