Friday, May 19, 2006

Lucas catches a mouse and gets a bath!

I let Nique (white cat) and Kikeli (orange cat) outside today to spend some time in the yard. Lucas joined us after a few minutes. He smelled pretty strong of urine so I decided to give him a bath later on. When I went out to get him, he had a mouse in his mouth! I know it's the natural order of things but I save every mouse I can. They are actually pretty cute and tiny! Luckily he dropped it when he saw me.

I have to admit I have not missed the odor! I put him in a carrier while I got the bath ready and he pooped and peed, and it smelled pretty bad! But I cannot really complain since he's outside now and I just have to deal with it here and there. He does pretty well in the bath actually, I don't get clawed. I just put him right under the running tap and lathered him up with some baby shampoo. Then I wrapped him back in the towel for a rub. I applied desitin and let him back outside to eat dinner.

Good news - I have a possible lead on a home for Lucas. We'll see if it works out! Keep those fingers crossed....or should I say put those hands together and pray! I have found absolutely perfect homes for all my fosters already, against the odds, and I need to have more faith that the same will happen for Lucas.

Enjoy the pictures (I stuck one in so you can see how safe it is here) and leave a comment! =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Lone Star Purrs said...

That's wonderful, almost home news about Lucas!!! We will keep y'all in our prayers fur sure! We gotted to go out for a little while today too.
~Meeko, Kiara, & Momma Becca

Shaggy and Scout said...

Lucas what a fine young fellow you look like prowiling through the grass with your felinie friends! How cool to catch a mouse!!! You will be a mighty hunter someday for sure! -Scooby

The Meezers or Billy said...

we will keep purraying for a furrever home for Lucas. You are an angel to take in so many fosters and work so hard to find them homes.

liz said...

What beautiful kitties! Good luck with the new home.

Zeus said...

That is fantastic news about Lucas' potential home! I agree with SS&S: You do look like a mighty hunter in the grass. Mice should be warned when you get unleashed to the yard!

Spock said...

Lucas has gots SUCH long legs!