Monday, May 29, 2006

Long Live Prince Diaper!

Well I am not sure what else to say about Joey's Feline Friends now that I have posted the pictures! It's really an amazing place with hardworking and caring people. They are definitely cat slaves to so many formerly unwanted housecats and strays. I will never forget my experience with them and hope to visit again soon!

Someone asked if it smelled, not at all! Probably because of all the fresh air. Also it was not hot. I am not sure what it would be like if it was more humid but it seems like that area is pretty cool year round.

I have received a few emails about helping out so here is what you can do, if you so desire!

Lucas' "rent" is 30 dollars a month which is completely reasonable and it helps keep this place running. If you would like to sponsor Lucas for a week or a month, you can do it from his petfinder page right here.

Joey's Feline Friends just got a paypal account so if you would like to send them a donation to help them out with all the wonderful work they do for hundreds of cats, click here.

I have some more pictures to post of his last night in the house with me. So keep checking the blog! I will also be updating you on his neutering and tail amputation surgeries. Whenever I hear anything, I will let you know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great, Lucas has a good place now. $30.00 a month is very reasonable. I do believe that they may have gotten some donations thru your readers. I sent a donation on Lucas' behalf and I'm sure that I can't be the only one.

Alisha said...

Oh so you are the one! Tedra told me she got her very first paypal donation in honor of Lucas. Whether you want the donation to go to Lucas' "rent" or the organization as a whole it doesn't matter to me, just specify with her. We don't really have anything set up, it's pretty informal, but I plan on paying monthly even if they don't bug me about it! I know people in the past did not pay their bill and that is terrible because it takes advantage of a wonderful rescue.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spock said...

All kitties am invited to mine purrthday party next month!! Puhlease come by & let us know if you will be coming & how many! Lucas can teleport from the shelter if'n he wants to come.....

Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter to me either, I may set up a monthly thing. I have one set up for our local rescue and another for a rescue like Joey's Friends who do good work with "special needs" kitties here. Since I work long hours and don't have a lot of time to do rescue (I do volunteer at the local shelter) and my company usually matches I give in the name of my four fur babies. I helps me feel not so guilty about not giving more time.

Zeus said...

Very nice work, Miss Alisha! I hope everything goes well for him now that he is all settled. I'll talk to the human pet to see about making a donation in honor of Lucas.