Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Search

I left a message on the Boo Bo Zoo's and Hawaii Animal Sanctuary's answering machines. I emailed the Aloha Farm Santuary, Hawaii Cat Friends, and the Hawaii Cat Foundation though I think I emailed the latter already. Hopefully someone responds. The other rescue organizations I emailed either said sorry they don't have room or they did not respond. There are no more organizations to get ahold of.

I am going to post him on craigslist again with an update and change his Petfinder ad to show that he can be an outdoor cat in a safe area.

In response to comments...no, I do not plan to keep him. As a rescuer, I have learned that they must all be rehomed. Especially the very adoptable ones. I have four indoor cats already and have learned that you can end up with ten more in no time if you are not careful.

Yes Lucas will be staying outside. As you can see from the pictures, he is doing very well, and there is no urine scalding. I will be keeping a close eye on him. I hope to find him a safe outdoor home with someone who is willing to take special care of him, and hopefully even bring him inside from time to time if they can manage diapering him. The problem is he is a fighter, maybe because he is not neutered, but my orange cat still fights if he's out at night, which I avoid like the plague.

Someone asked what he is eating. that is a Nutro Pouch. Unfortunately they dry is Friskies because I ran out of Chicken Soup.

1 comment:

PrincessMia said...

I hope that you will be able to find Lucas a good home. He looks like such a happy kitty exploring. I will keep him in my purrayers.