Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You've got kitty mail!

A few days ago I got a few things in the mail.

First, I got a donation of some diaper pads that you insert into washable diapers. The diapers were too small unfortunately so I will have to find a different use for these.

Second, I got some x-small disposable puppy diapers. However, as you can see, they are MUCH too big and completely ineffective! I had a good laugh.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A few people from handicappedpets.com suggested that maybe the newborn diapers were a bit too small for Lucas. I went to Friendly Market, the island's main grocery store, and picked up the cheapest package of diapers I could find. They are size 1 Drypers and they are a tad big but they do look more comfortable.Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi from Minnesota. Found you from Avrams blog. You sound like a very special woman and Lucas is a very blessed and lucky cat to have found you. What you are doing with him is awesome and I've mentioned you on our blog to our other kitty friends, so you may have more visitors soon. Please give that special boy some head skritchies form us and tell him he is very brave.

Lone Star Purrs said...

You are truly an angel!!! May we add you to our links?

Anonymous said...

Alisha, you just continue to amaze me with all you're doing for Lucas. He was blessed to find you.

LOL! Your boy's got saggy britches, there. Have you found a size that fits him yet?

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

You are an amazing person with a heart of gold. Thank you so much for being there for this little cutey. There are about 75 kitty bloggers now, hope you join us.

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Aloha Lucas and Mommy, we live in poiland too. Are you on the outer islands right now? We read that you are moving to Maui, but if you need anything until then let us know. We know how hard things can be to get some places here. We are on Oahu by the way. Lucas you are sooooo lucky to have found your Mommy. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko and POiland Tribe

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Okay you are on Molokai. I know that Desitin and A & D Ointment which doesn't have the zinc oxide in it will help make a barrier. Also a product called butt balm (I'm not kidding). Like I said, let me know if I can mail you anything that you need before you move. ~Poi Mom Jane

Anonymous said...

You are an incredible woman! I want to cry. I know how much I love my cats, who have all been strays, but you are awesome!
I have a question...since he has no feeling in his tail, would it be easier to have his amputated in order to find diapers that fit better? I would assume that cats need their tails for balance, but since he cant "use" his, would it matter?
Lucas has the most loving, adorable eyes! I will be checking in on you two every day!

Kukka-Maria said...

What a sweetie! I commend you for taking on such a challenge...and with love.

I can't wait to read more about Lucas.