Friday, May 05, 2006

The Boo Boo Zoo

Since Lucas found me, I have emailed quite a few rescue organizations, humane societies, and people who foster animals. For the most part, no one has the time or room for Lucas which I expected. I do have one option, and that is The Boo Boo Zoo on Maui.

It's not that I do not want Lucas of course, it's just that I have four cats of my own and when I visited the house I will be renting, it was obvious there are quite a few strays that need to be fixed and homed, and two cats come with the house. I will be a lot busier and working full time so I figured if there is someone out there who will take excellent care of Lucas, that would be great. If not, I will figure something out.

3 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

Of course we know you wouldn't abandon him,but patience wins the battle. There will be someone for him, it just may take some time to find that someone.

Anonymous said...

Alisha, I don't think there is anything wrong with having these lovely people care for Lucas. Maybe you can volunteer some of you myriad (ha!) extra hours with them, too. It seems like a place where your love and compassion would be right at home. E

Anonymous said...

Alisha--I'm over here from GG's forum. I think the Boo Boo Zoo sounds like a WONDERFUL place for Lucas. -Jen