Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thank you bloggers!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank you for all the comments! Blogging is definitely a lot more fun when you get feedback. I am used to forum style so forgive me for being a bit slow with responding. This is my first blog and I must say, I am a bit clueless! So if you have any blogging tips, feel free to share!

Someone asked if they could put my blog on their page, yes of course! And someone asked if Lucas should get his tail amputated - yes that will likely be happening after I move to Maui. I am going to call the vet to get a quote so I can start saving up for that surgery.

I must say, this is a lot easier because I have great people supporting me! I got an email from two people just recently. One has sent me a flat rate priority mail box stuffed with canned and pouched food because the best I can get here is Fancy Feast and its overpriced, and another person went to a thrift store and got me a few infant onesies to keep Lucas' diaper on! I just am overwhelmed by the support and I know that Lucas is MUCH better off because of everyones help. So thank you to all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work for a medical supply company in seattle, washington. We have discontinued adult diapers and incontinence maxi pads that we might be able to donate if you have use for them. I thought a maxi pad might work for him if you got some lil undies to hold it in (just like a human)Also, we sell big absorbent diaposable bedpads, just like a puppy pad. They're a lot cheaper than puppy pads, so if you're looking online, look at some discount medical/incontinence supply websites, and search for bedpads, I'm sure you'll get a better deal. Or email me- I think they run about $4 for a bag of 15. It's leah
at professionalmedicalcorp dot
com

Teri said...

I have some Puppy pads that I no longer need. I was fostering a kitten with terrible parasite problems and unfortunately could not control his bowels. Unlike your Prince Diaper however, Aarrg did regain control and is now living with the vet tech who became attached to him from all of the vet visits. I would love to send them to you. I think there are about 5-10 left but I no longer need them. Please let me know. You can e-mail me at tnma1@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Alisha,

I think you are a wonderful person to take on caring for a special needs pets. We are all God's creatures.

Dee

Just Ducky said...

Wow what a special lady. Prince Lucas is lucky to have found you.

Also, I saw a TV show on PBS about cats where they had a special belt for the intact males to wear while inside so they could spray. Not where to find one or how it might work.

Also, taking him to school with you will teach something to your students about caring for animals and disabilaties.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

You will find cat bloggers and I am sure just animal bloggers in general to be very supportive and helpful. It is so wonderful of you to do all the work you are doing and God Bless You for it.