Saturday, May 06, 2006

Are you crazy???

Lucas is crazy. He actually seems to have Alpha Cat Syndrome - galensgranny, I need help! (The expert on this cat topic and many, many more plus some really wonderful people can be found at this great forum.) This morning he attacked Kikeli, my orange cat, after some yowling/howling.

Over a year ago, Kikeli smelled a stray cat on puppy Kiko and attacked to kill. The attacks were bad and they happened too many times. It took six months for them to be in the same room together without the cat attacking, and nine months for them to be fully reintegrated. It was hard work and there was always a little tension between the two. I think Kiko was traumatized and that's why he started getting aggressive with the kittens and cats.

I have also seen pre-adopted Kikeli attacking ferals/strays at night, literally trying to kill them. He is vicious. But in the home,. he is the most accepting of new kittens and cats. It's really quite strange how different the two sides of him are.

And Lucas is taking him on??? With his diaper and limp tail? Lucas went after Kikeli today and I mean cat fight not just hissing and swatting. I've seen him spitting out orange fur before too! And Kikeli got scared and he ran off! Not sure what to do about this. I know a lot about integration but I just do NOT have the energy to deal with this! I weant a peaceful home, and I have been working toward having a peaceful home for....hmmmm....a year and a half!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly kitten!! Foolish kitten!! You know, things may change a bit now that Kiko has left -- rearrangements in the household. And a sad mom.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Holy Moly! Feisty little devil isn't he? Maybe the attacked the other cat because he was taunting Lucas about his diaper.....

Anonymous said...

Listen, as a ginger tom I am related to Kikeli, and I know we marmalade cats are cats of peace. We don't start fights, but we do finish them. My sisters are always giving me grief, and then I have to put them in their place. If Kikeli had a beef with someone, they must have done or said something first.