Friday, May 05, 2006

God is in my Blog

Hi!
One thing I am really enjoying about my blog is freedom of speech. I understand that on public forums there have to be certain rules about what can and cannot be discussed because of the wide variety of cultures and views. But this is my blog, and I can say whatever I want! So here it is.

Many people have noticed the fantastic luck I have had with finding amazing homes for each of my rescues. I really do mean amazing, even perfect! Over and over again, and it's no easy task when you are looking for homes through the Internet that aren't even on the same island. People have also noticed that the neediest of animals have been finding me, even though I am quite removed from the neighbourhoods around here.

Well, it isn't luck and it isn't coincidence. It is GOD! And I mean no disrespect to your beliefs, but like I said - this is my blog! God is the one finding these homes for my animals, God is the one sending me these animals...and God is the one that is giving me the strength to diaper and care for Lucas, and say good bye over and over, and he is also providing the finances when things become a heavy burden.

Oh and not just that. God found me this amazing rental on Maui that not only allows my four permanent cats, but FOSTERING as well. It is truly a miracle in my mind that I could this wonderful landlord and home through craigslist.com!

God, you are my strength and my rock. I know you love these animals even more than I do. I know you suffer when you see one of your kittens starving in the middle of nowhere. I know it hurts you to see a dog chained and abused. And I thank you for giving me the opportunity to help the animals YOU created and put in OUR hands to care for. They are a blessing and a joy.

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel. Proverbs 12:10

Proverbs 27:23: Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26

7 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Yes it did occur to me how amazing circumstances surrounding these animals finding you and then you being able to find such splendid homes for so many of them. It is a divine (feline) hand that is helping guide and lead you. God Bless you for all that you have done.

*ABBY

cruxley's mom said...

God is in your heart as well, and there's plenty of room for him there -- it's big!
I was homeless for part of my life and so were all the other animals around here, so humans like you have a special place in my heart. And I'll bet you have a special place in Heaven, too.
I came here through Lone Star Purrs. I hope you don't mind if I keep visiting! You can come see me too if you feel like it. But you don't have to.
(I blogged about Canada once...I hope you are a good sport. My humans and I are southern-fried, but Pa-Paw is from Maine, and he used to go to Canada every year when he was a little stronger. He says it is beautiful.)

PrincessMia said...

You are purry right.

Shaggy and Scout said...

There is no other way. There is a divine hand in all this.

Anonymous said...

Dear Alisha,
It is so nice to hear of your beliefs and convictions. I too believe that God has a path mapped out for us, we can't always see it but it is always there. I now know why you have so much strength to perservere where others would give up. Good on you Alisha for being outspoken about your faith.
Nikki

Spock said...

YAY!!! Momma loves it when kitties & humans put the praise where it belongs! You're still a furry wonderful person to follow His lead though! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear friend. You are right, this is your blog, and you can say what you believe. I envy you your faith, Alisha, but I also believe some of your strength comes simply from you. You really are an amazing woman. E